graphic design forum for indesign prepress forum
prepress forums - computer to plate - adobe indesign - quark xpress - graphic design forum
Your Profile Log In/Out
Products Publishers BackGround Consulting

graphic design forum for quark xpress prepress forums
Login with user and pass:
user name:
_pass word:
Auto Login?
C
M
Y
K

-
-

graphic design forum

Mac OS X Links

Quark Xpress Links

Adobe InDesign Links

Adobe Acrobat Links

Adobe Illustrator Links

Adobe Photoshop Links

PrePress PDF Links

Desktop Publishing

Print On Demand

Prepress Forum Forum Index -> Computer To Plate

CTP Computer to Plate pricing of Metal plates, Thermal plate

Author    Thread
swarnangka

What is the going average thermal pricing of Kodak, Fuji and agfa in the US? Though m not interested in agfa, m keento know Electra Excel, Sword and Brillia LHPJ1 and 2. Can you please guide Joe?

Post Dec 29, 2006 4:28 am 
joepostscript
Site Admin

Hello swarnangka,

Sorry I cannot comment much on that because of non-disclosure agreements. My pricing is really good but I cannot directly disclose that. I can talk in general about how to get to the costs down and so forth. My experience in the US is that retail is far above what I actually pay. Rebates and chemistry costs are ways the plate companies use to cloud the ACTUAL cost. Kill all rebates and ask for the chemistry to be locked in at a per sq. ft. cost.

I break it all down to a per sq. ft price. How many square feet a month, how many square feet can I process with $XX of chemistry. If you have ovens, another very difficult thing to get hard cost on, power, power to bake, power to counter ovens with AC. How many square feet for how much cost? Divide all your hard costs into the sq. ft. used by your operation.

Do your plate negotiating by the square foot. Now you are speaking their language. Get rid of all rebates and go for actual hard costing and billing. Play the manufacturers against each other for the business and make them bid it. Tell them lowest cost per sq. ft gets your business. If you're lucky the best plate will win out and you should save maybe 20% or more under retail prices if you are tough. If you aren't doing all this, you are leaving money on the table.

--
Wind Turbine Buyer's Guide

Post Jan 02, 2007 1:12 pm 
herokao

Pricing

Still curious about the price, can you email me please, I am in the other side of your world, could you email me about the price, if you could? herokao@yahoo.com

THX.

Post Feb 19, 2007 5:32 am 
swarnangka

request for joe

joe
can you atleast give an indicative figure? I understand the non disclosure but this surely will not hamper that.

Post Feb 20, 2007 2:47 am 
joepostscript
Site Admin

Hello Guys,

I wish I could but I have a signed contract to not disclose pricing. Best I can do is talk about how i negotiate and such but with pricing I must be completely discrete. Lets see, since there is no such agreement with Kodak, never was, I can tell you that I was at just over a dollar a square foot including chemistry (capped at $.10 sq/ft). Of course this was where Kodak overbilled me and did not honor their signed contracts, So they were pretty much fired. That's about as specific as I can get and there have been increases since then by both Fuji and Kodak. Of course as usual, Kodak has raised prices many times more than Fuji in same period.

In the last year aluminum has gone up VERY dramatically. Plate costs are rising. You would be shocked how much the plate manufacturers raw costs have gone up in last year or two. I am thinking it's finally leveling off but maybe not.

--
Wind Turbine Buyer's Guide

Post Feb 20, 2007 3:06 am 
swarnangka

thanks joe

thanks for your prompt response.

Post Feb 20, 2007 4:23 am 

Forum Jump:
Jump to:  

Page 1 of 1

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum